Thursday, August 21, 2008

Agent as Client

Today I am a client. I put in an offer on a 7800 SQ FT church in our town. After six months of waiting to hear from the diocese that the church would be sold, two months of investigation with contractors on the feasibility, and a month of wrestling with my husband on the price, I just faxed the offer. Now we wait ...

Tonight is the parish council finance committee meeting. Next week is the community meeting with the parish as a whole. Then we have all the city council meetings for use permits and plat changes.

Has any one out here ever worked on a project like this, taking a church or even a school and turning it into a single family residence?

Any advice?

Polly

2 comments:

CJ said...

I hope they accept your offer.

Given your love of old neighborhoods and buildings, I am reassured that the property will be enhanced by your hands.

The Angry Badger said...

Sounds like a fun project once it gets going for you. I've always wondered what it would be like to renovate an old church into a family home. Hopefully I can stop by and see the progress as it goes along!