Friday, June 27, 2008

Buyer Frustration - try an agents

I am on, and contribute to various social networking, real estate and professional sites. Some times its great to read the various comments people post on life, work and real estate. It amazes me how angry some people are at real estate agents. I wish I knew who these agents were that are ruining so many people's lives. The anger is real and very strong in some folks. It is sad.

I don't often read about the other side, the angry agent. I hear it a lot behind closed doors, seminars and quiet lunches. But we are not really supposed to talk about the buying/selling public with anything but great respect and patience.

The other day I read someone remarking on "the rich real estate agent." Do consumers not really know how little money real estate agents make and how great the expenses are for gas money, advertising, sprucing up a place for sale. This is not a complaint by any means, I love what I am doing. I get to help people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. I use what I know and what I can learn to guide them through an avalanche of reports, data, inspections, applications, contingencies, etc.

What upsets agents is when things go wrong for their client. The angriest I ever see a fellow agent is when their client isn't being treated right, or a deal falls through. Does the public see that? Every time something goes wrong, the agent is the first one staying up at night dealing with it. The cell phone at the ear, the lap top open frantically searching for some document or miracle that will make things all right.

In the short time I have been an agent I have already been there, am there. Sometimes it is your client creating the havoc which actually makes things worse. You don't have access to the other party so all you can do offer abject apologies, try to solve the problem.

So from us agents who love what we do, for very little money, I want anyone to know that we get angry too.

No comments: